Subscriber? Login. No? Subscribe.

Great Is Your Faithfulness

21. November 2008

Columns, Congregation of the Month,

  

College Hill RPC

Location: Beaver Falls, Pa.

Presbytery: Alleghenies

Organized: July 1, 1896

Membership: 232 communicant; 70 baptized

Pastors: Dr. Rick Gamble, senior pastor; Titus Martin, associate pastor

History

College Hill Reformed Presbyterian Church began with a Bible study held in a school basement. Starting with a group that had left the Geneva RPC, the Bible study grew and officially became a new congregation on July 1, 1896.

A building was already well underway by the time the church was established, and the congregation moved in that September. By 1922 the congregation had outgrown its facility, so the church purchased a lot across the street from Geneva College’s campus. College Hill’s new building was dedicated in 1925.

God has blessed College Hill with a close connection to Geneva, as well as a succession of pastors with a heart for college ministry: Rev. John H. White (1962–1970), Dr. Dean Smith (1971–1990) and Dr. Jonathan Watt (1992–2000). All three of these men went on to become long-term faculty members at Geneva College.

College Hill welcomed Pastor Anthony Selvaggio in 2001 and enjoyed five years under his faithful leadership and teaching. In 2006, Titus Martin was installed as associate pastor and also led the congregation until Dr. Rick Gamble’s installation this fall as ...

In order to continue reading, a subscription is necessary. SUBSCRIBE or LOGIN.